Outstanding Member Benefits
Member-To-Member Discounts : There's no charge to offer discounts to other Chamber members - direct new customers to your business - 24 hours a day!
Car Sharing Discounts : Take advantage of discounted access to short-term car sharing services offered by Chamber member City CarShare, their automated programs makes cars available on a per-hour basis. Members gain the benefits of a private car including insurance without the costs and responsibilities of ownership.
Office Products : Register with the Office Depot Discount Program-members save 15% to 25% annually on Office Supplies, Technology, Furniture, Promotional Items, Print and Copy, and Private Brands. Members will also receive next-day delivery and monthly reports to monitor expenses. Shop online or at the local store.
Fitness Clubs: Get a discount on your membership at Club One at City Center or Mariner Square Athletic Club in Alameda - stay fit and healthy, keep your employees healthy too!
Networking For Business Success : Relationship building and education through monthly mixers, orientation breakfasts, and selected special events.
Training For Business Growth : Education, training and advancement opportunities available through our business workshops and seminars.
Oakland Business Review (OBR) : The Chamber's award-winning monthly publication, sent free of charge to all members.
Weekly Email Updates : Only our Members receive important and timely news and event updates via email every Tuesday.
Free Website Link : Online exposure and outreach for new clients and customers. A free link to member business website.
Free Directory Listing : Members are listed in the Chamber's annual Membership Directory and Buyer's Guide and at our online Member Directory.
Advertising & Marketing : Chamber members can purchase advertising and/or sponsor special sections and pages in the award-winning Oakland Business Review (available both as print and digital offering); on the Chamber website via digital leader board or "square" banner ads; or via exclusive email sent to active members. Please contact the Communications Office for current rate information in the 2019 Chamber Members Media Kit. Non-Chamber members may also access Chamber advertising channels; please contact the Communications Office for current Media Kit with rate and size information; deadlines. The Oakland Business Review is a member-driven publication; content submissions are both encouraged and welcomed. Contact the Communications Office Editorial for submission guidelines, deadlines.
Conference Room / Board Room Reservation : Only Chamber members can reserve use of the Chamber conference room and/or Board Room for meetings, conferences, or presentations – free – upon availability during normal business hours, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays only.
Private Consultations : Members can schedule a private meeting with the Chamber president and staff on issues affecting their business, and/or strategize about ways to improve the bottom line revenue.
#OAKPROUD NEWS: Members can publish special recognition or company news (address or phone change, announce a new staff member, award recipient) free of charge in this regular column of the Oakland Business Review. Contact the Communications office for information.
Committee Participation : Play an active role in the development and future of Oakland - Join a Chamber committee!
OakPAC : The Chamber's Political Action Committee (a separate entity). Members can add their voice to the discussion about our elected officials and measurements that affect our city and area.
Quick Facts - Chamber Membership
As a part of your membership with the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce your business will receive the following:
- A 'New Member' listing in "New Member Monday" social media posting.
- A 'New Member' listing in our business publication - Oakland Business Review, including a 225-word business description (as submitted by each member for their own business listing)
- Two listings in Chamber Membership Directory (alphabetical & categorized listings)
- Free web links to your company from the Chamber online Member Directory
- Free delivery of the bi-monthly Oakland Business Review
- Weekly email communications and updates
- Networking, publicity, and exposure opportunities for your business
- Member-to-Member Discounts
- Discounted admission to select Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce events, seminars, luncheons, and workshops
- A staff of friendly and helpful Chamber employees who will meet privately to assist you to maximize your membership investment
- 'Members Only' access to 3,000+ businesses and affiliates (contact information access)
- Advertising opportunities in the Oakland Business Review (print ads, and/or inserts)
- Chamber mailing lists and/or mailing labels (available for purchase by members only)
- Conference Room use - free, upon availability during normal business hours (weekdays only)
- Event Sponsorship – Opportunities to gain exposure and outreach for new business via sponsorship, i.e., Host #OAKPROUD Happy Hours gatherings, Sponsor Member Briefings, Luncheons, or Power Breakfasts
- Trade Showcase - annual business trade fair, participate to promote your products and services
- Committee Participation – add your voice to the discussion, network with other members
Membership is an #OAKPROUD business decision!
CONVENE ⏐ COMMUNICATE ⏐ CONNECT ⏐ LEAD
- Public Policy
- Economic Development
- Events & Programs