2018 Oakland Summer Internship Support
ABOUT LINKED LEARNING
The Oakland Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with school districts, community colleges, and industry employers from Contra Costa to Hayward, is actively addressing the need to align educational opportunities with the workforce needs of industry in the region. A prime example of the Chamber’s work is the East Bay Linked Learning Hub of Excellence, a multi-year initiative made possible with the support of James Irvine Foundation. By turning high school education into a personally relevant, engaging experience for all students, Linked Learning exposes them to previously unimagined college and career opportunities. Research shows Linked Learning students have higher rates of engagement and higher graduation rates than their peers at traditional high schools. This approach to education is helping to create an engaged, disciplined, and productive future workforce for California, ready to succeed in college, career, and life. Find out more about Linked Learning here.
LINKED LEARNING FAQs
Download the Linked Learning FAQs and learn how you can participate in and support this important initiative.
Opportunities for Outreach
How can I get involved with the Oakland Linked Learning Hub of Excellence?
There are many ways you can involve yourself in the Linked Learning program. You can:
- Donate computers and other computer equipment to OTX, refurbishment partner for the Oakland Unified School District.
- Fund the cause to close the connectivity gap for Oakland families via Get Connected Oakland
- Support East Bay College Fund with your time or donations.
- Host a high school student for a summer internship through OUSD's The College and Career Readiness Office
- Become a Linked Learning community partner as a guest speaker or mentor.
- Public Policy
- Economic Development
- Events & Programs