Tech Trends Reports
Tech Trends Report 2018
Read or download Tech Trends Report 2018 here.
Tech Trends Report 2017
Read or download Tech Trends Report 2017 here.
Tech Trends Report 2016
2016 Oakland Tech Trends Report Released September 2016. This report focuses on the trends shaping Oakland's rapidly growing tech sector, from the core tech clusters of Internet publishing and web search portals, to custom programming services, to subsectors related to online business and shopping. The report notes some 446 tech companies, 230 of which employ more than 3 workers, are responsible for employment in the sector in excess of 6,100 workers in 2015.
Tech Trends Report 2015
Download the report here.
- Although tech’s 3.1% share of all jobs in Oakland is a relatively small component of the overall economy in terms of jobs, Oakland’s tech sector is booming
- Oakland’s 400+ tech firms, the highest number ever recorded, employed over 5,400 workers during 2014, up 23% from 2010
- Tech companies pay some of the highest wages in Oakland, with an average wage of nearly $100,000 per year
- The largest components of the tech base by industry segment are Internet/Web-Search Portals and Computer/Software Design
- Women lead the way in terms of tech sector jobs in the Bay Area, with 35.5% of all tech jobs in Oakland held by women
December 2015: 'Accelerating Tech Ecosystems' - Tech Trends Report Update
A capacity crowd joined turned out for the second event in the Chamber’s 'Oaklanders Talk Tech' series held December 8, 2015. With leading venture capitalists and tech luminaries as panelists, the event featured discussions on amplifying investing and local innovation — while growing Oakland's emerging tech sector in quintessential Oakland style.
At the event, the Chamber announced an update to its Tech Trends report, which can be found here.
- Public Policy
- Economic Development
- Events & Programs