OAKLAND METROPOLITAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BUSINESS DIRECTORY
Searching for a member business has never been easier. Oakland Chamber members offer everything from "A to Z" – from advertising agencies to the zoo, nearly 1,000 members are categorized and alphabetized to make your search successful.
CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN
A Certificate of Origin (CO) is a document attesting that goods exported in a shipment have been wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country. COs may be requested by customs administrations, importers, freight forwarders or banks for clearance of letters of credit. Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty (monetary) will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all.
The 1923 Geneva Convention named Chambers of Commerce the official body to issue, sign and stamp Certificates of Origin worldwide. Chambers of Commerce are asked to stamp and sign documents called certificates of origin. These certificates are prepared by exporting companies (or their agents, known as freight forwarders) to show where their products were made. For chambers, the key task is not to find where the products were made, but to check that the documents are correctly completed, the certificate of origin matches the commercial invoice, and the document is signed by a designated person from the exporter. The Oakland Chamber of Commerce offers this service for a nominal fee to both members and non-members alike.
To schedule a time to process a Certificate of Origin, please email email@example.com.
Wednesday October 16th is
National Support Your Local Chamber of Commerce Day.
Oakland Chambers <3 our local businesses ... and you <3 Oakland!
Show your love for Oakland business by reposting the photo below to your Instagram or Facebook and you will be entered to win two round-trip tickets to any published Southwest Airlines destination within the U.S.A., Puerto Rico and Hawaii.
Make sure to use the hashtags #SupportYourLocalChamberOfCommerce and #OAKProud
This giveaway ends Wednesday 10/16 at 11:59 PM PST. One winner will be chosen at random. One entry per person. Winner will be contacted via Direct Message and announced Thursday 10/17. Giveaway not affiliated with or endorsed by Instagram or Facebook. Terms and conditions apply. See here: oaklandchamber.com/resource
Oakland Chambers ♥ You *GIVEAWAY*
#supportyourlocalchamberofcommerce #oakproud #oakland #oaklandchambers #oaklandloveit @oaklandlatinochamber @theoaacc @oaklandasiancc @oakland
# Giveaway Official Rules, Disclaimers
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- CONTEST SPONSOR: The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce is the sole producer and owner of Oakland Chambers ♥ You.
- CONTEST SPONSOR BUSINESS LOCATION: The Chamber’s website is www.oaklandchamber.com; the organization is located at 1333 Broadway, Plaza Level Suite 100, Oakland CA 94612, USA.
- CONTEST DURATION: Oakland Chambers ♥ You contest begins October 9, 2019 and concludes 11:59pm, October 16, 2019.
- CONTEST ENTRIES: One per person.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- HOW TO ENTER: Like the image; Repost the image to your Instagram or Facebook account; use the hashtags #SupportYourLocalChamberOfCommerce and #OAKProud. You must provide the information requested in your post. You may not enter more than 1 time as indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce.
- WINNER: Chosen by random drawing.
- CONTEST PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be of legal age, a minimum 18 years of age at the time of making a post/upload; entrants must be legal residents of the United States or have legal residency status in the United States, and have valid state identification recognized by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), including but not limited to a state issued Driver License or identification card, Passport, and any other government required documentation necessary to legally board an aircraft). The Campaign is only open to legal residents of CALIFORNIA, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- CONTEST LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AND LIABILITY RELEASE: By entering this contest, you, the entrant acknowledges, understands and agrees to a complete release of Facebook from any and all liability in connection with this contest. By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. You, the entrant, further acknowledge, understand and agree you are of legal age; that you are following all contest rules; that you are legally eligible to board an aircraft and travel within the United States, and possess all necessary legal documentation to do so. If traveling with a companion on the second ticket, your companion will also need to meet all aforementioned criteria for travel.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, anyone acting on behalf of the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, and the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. Without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- CONTEST PRIZE: The Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive two (2) round trip Southwest Airlines tickets to any published destination Southwest flies in the continental United States, Puerto Rico and Hawaii within the prize redemption period valued at $200. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner.
- No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and its partners to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. A signed release waiver will be required from the prize Winner at the time the prize is accepted.
- Winning prize must be claimed by the winner within 30 days of notification, with all travel booked and completed by deadline noted on the Southwest Airlines vouchers. The entrant may choose to use one (1) ticket for themselves and one (1) ticket for a companion. The entrant may alternatively choose to use both round trip tickets for themselves, as long as travel is booked and completed by the noted deadline.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS: The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce. The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website and/or digital properties or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CONTEST DISQUALIFICATION: A winning entry, posted by an entrant not of legal age when a winning entry was posted, will be disqualified. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce.
- CONTEST ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- CONTEST WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner of the Oakland Chambers ♥ You Photo Contest will be notified via DM (direct message) on Facebook and Instagram. Posts announcing the winning entry and winner will be identified and posted to the three Chamber Social Media channels October 17, 2019. The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT THE OAKLAND METROPOLITAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- DISPUTES: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [your state/province] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- DISCLAIMER: The Campaign hosted by the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, 1333 Broadway, Plaza Level Suite 100, Oakland CA 94612.
- ACCEPTANCE: By entering herein, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
- Public Policy
- Economic Development
- Events & Programs