Oakland Chamber Announces 2019 Annual Awards Winners!
The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce has announced their 2019 Chamber Award recipients who will be honored during the Chamber’s 114th annual Luncheon, held on June 26th, 2019 at the Oakland Marriott Hotel. The Chamber’s annual meeting, the largest business gathering in the East Bay, will celebrate the businesses, nonprofits and community members who have collectively contributed to the betterment of “The Town 2019.”
Award categories and winners include:
• The Chamber’s “Deep Roots” award, recognizing longtime stewards of the local economy who have helped build the city’s foundation, has been conferred on AB&I Foundry.
• “Heart of Oakland,” given to a local organization or individual who exemplifies the city’s persistent spirit, has been bestowed on the Oakland Museum of California (OMCA).
• The Chamber also named Gilbert Pete, Business to School Coordinator, Oakland Unified School District, as 2019’s Leadership Oakland Alumnus, given to an outstanding past graduate of the Chamber’s Leadership Oakland program. Pete graduated the program in 2015.
• The “T. Gary Rogers Community Commitment Award,” given to individuals who over their lifetime have furthered Oakland values in business, community, and philanthropy has been awarded to Earl and Bonnie Hamlin for their tireless efforts, in many civic and business areas.
• The“Secret Sauce” award, presented by Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf to an organization or individual who contributes an unquantifiable and unique ingredient to Oakland’s character, will be presented this year to Stephen and Ayesha Curry.
The “Oakland on the Map” award, which recognizes both new and long-time Oakland organizations or businesspeople who have been particularly effective at championing Oakland will be awarded during the June 26th celebration.
The event, title sponsored by Kaiser Permanente, takes place Wednesday, June 26th at the Oakland Marriott City Center Ballroom. Registration and “Oakland Ale Trail” networking reception and a trip down “The Town’s” memory lane 11:00am – Noon; Lunch and awards ceremony, Noon-1:30pm. Individual tickets on sale now; $115 Chamber members/$125 non-members. Nonprofits who are members of the Chamber may purchase tickets for $90; $100 for non-member nonprofits.
2018-2019 Oakland Chamber Membership Directory
The 2018-2019 Oakland Chamber Membership eDirectory is here! Thank you to all our Enhanced Logo Partners and Display Advertisers for your support! The Directory is in two sections; Main Content and Alphabetical sections are Section 1; Categorized Listings are Section 2. Live links are associated with Enhanced Logos and Display Ads, as well as select content throughout the directory.
OAKLAND'S TALK TECH 2O19: REPORT
The Chamber convened at The Backstage at Pandora for an in-depth look and analysis of Oakland's tech sector, an update on the Chamber's District Indicators Project and an exciting panel discussion on "The Business of Blockchain." Read or download the report here.
RESPONDING TO A CRISIS: OAKLAND'S "TUFF SHED" SHELTER SITES
Oakland is aiming to address the needs of our unsheltered residents in a unique way. Businesses, City government, and community groups are working together to move people off sidewalks and into services and housing.
Learn what the City of Oakland is doing here.
Learn what the Chamber, its membership and the community are doing here.
You can make a difference today; donate here!
- Public Policy
- Economic Development
- Events & Programs