Oakland Chamber Celebrates "The Town" 2019!
The Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce celebrated "The Town" 2019 at the 114th Annual Chamber Meeting & Awards Luncheon June 26th. Congratulations to our award recipients, and with gratitude and thanks to our Event Sponsor, Kaiser Permanente; Reception Sponsor, Comcast; Awards Sponsors Donahue Fitzgerald LLP; Sutter Health; Wendel, Rosen, Black & Dean LLP; Verizon; and HNTB; and the scores of Partner Sponsors who make this annual event a day to remember! With more than 600 Chamber members and guests in attendance, the event marks the largest business gathering in the East Bay, and celebrates the businesses, nonprofits and community members who have collectively contributed to the betterment of “The Town 2019.”
Award categories and winners included:
• The Chamber’s “Deep Roots” award, recognizing longtime stewards of the local economy who have helped build the city’s foundation, has been conferred on AB&I Foundry.
• “Heart of Oakland,” given to a local organization or individual who exemplifies the city’s persistent spirit, has been bestowed on the Oakland Museum of California (OMCA).
• The Chamber also named Gilbert Pete, Business to School Coordinator, Oakland Unified School District, as 2019’s Leadership Oakland Alumnus, given to an outstanding past graduate of the Chamber’s Leadership Oakland program. Pete graduated the program in 2015.
• The “T. Gary Rogers Community Commitment Award,” given to individuals who over their lifetime have furthered Oakland values in business, community, and philanthropy has been awarded to Earl and Bonnie Hamlin for their tireless efforts, in many civic and business areas.
• The “Secret Sauce” award, presented by Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf to an organization or individual who contributes an unquantifiable and unique ingredient to Oakland’s character, was conferred this year upon Stephen and Ayesha Curry.
The “Oakland on the Map” award, which recognizes both new and long-time Oakland organizations or business people who have been particularly effective at championing Oakland, was awarded to everyone at the lunch, with special Oakland Chamber branded desktop bluetooth speakers, for "amplifying" Oakland!
A special thank you to Lenny Mendonca, Chief Economic and Business Advisor to Governor Gavin Newsom, for an inspirational keynote address. And to all, with gratitude and thanks for the work you, and your respective organizations, do in making Oakland and the East Bay a great place to live, work, and play.
If you missed the event, be sure to read about it in the July/August edition of the award-winning Oakland Business Review!
RESPONDING TO A CRISIS: OAKLAND'S CABIN COMMUNITIES SHELTER SITES
Oakland is aiming to address the needs of our unsheltered residents in a unique way. Businesses, City government, and community groups are working together to move people off sidewalks and into services and housing.
Learn what the City of Oakland is doing here.
Learn what the Chamber, its membership and the community are doing here.
You can make a difference today; donate here!
2018-2019 Oakland Chamber Membership Directory
The 2018-2019 Oakland Chamber Membership eDirectory is here! Thank you to all our Enhanced Logo Partners and Display Advertisers for your support! The Directory is in two sections; Main Content and Alphabetical sections are Section 1; Categorized Listings are Section 2. Live links are associated with Enhanced Logos and Display Ads, as well as select content throughout the directory.
- Public Policy
- Economic Development
- Events & Programs